Saturday, March 22, 2014

Slightly Teary

I got slightly teary-eyed the other night at work. One of the regular customers that I know said hiyas to me when I came up to take over the register that he was at with his purchases. This particular customer is the owner of a local store that sometimes sponsors a Renaissance Fantasy Faire.

When he was done he went to walk away. He remembered something and came back asking me if I had a moment. The lady I was gonna take over the register from was still doing a transaction so I went to see what he wanted.

Sometimes his 7 year old son comes in with him. His son was quietly curious what was "wrong" with me... why I was a little different. I had no problem saying that it's a Birth Defect.. that I was born like this. I guess the subject prompted a discussion about "judging a book by it's cover" and people and their differences.

I remember he said something about his son realizing that having the kewl clothes and latest stuff doesn't make you a better person at school. It's how you act and treat other people.

He went on to tell me that he and his son thought I a good and sweet person that always seems to smile... well something like that as I can't remember all he said. He used a buncha kewl adjectives.

I am usually happy-go-lucky most of the time. It takes too much energy to be down and out. Besides being upbeat can be contagious to others. So here's to being sweet and smiling all over the place!!

:)


No comments: