Anyways.. I'm on my 3rd class for College. So far I've gotten a B+ for my 1st class and an A for my 2nd class. The class I'm taking now is Perspective (a drawing class). We will be going into our 2nd week already in a few days.
Okay on to the topic at Hand!!
A friend of mine sent me a neat little application request on Facebook (FB). These little applications are kinda kewl in they let you send things to your friends on FB. This particular application was about 80's Toys. It brought back sooo many memories of when I was little.
It's even funny to talk to some of the others who were young about the same time period as myself. We start talking about growing up in the 80's and what we played with or what we watched. I'm definitely a child of the 80's.
- I never really had a RUBIX CUBE myself. I think my brother had one though.
- I had a CABBAGE PATCH KID doll. It was one of the newborn ones. I didn't like the ones with a small patch of hair. Mine was bald as I thought it should be as a newborn.
- I had a baby STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE doll. When you squeezed her belly she smelled like strawberries.
- I also had the smaller STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE dolls. Though I had a few I can only remember strawberry herself. I had her little white gazebo house and a tons of clothing. I was always trying to get my older sister to play dolls with me. She's about 10 years older than I am.
- I got a baby MY LITTLE PONY set while in the hospital after one of my many surgeries. It came with a diaper, bottle, rattle, necklace that said baby, and a playpen. I also had the girl doll Megan with the pony that came with her. I may have had other ponies also but I can't remember.
- I had a ton of BARBIES or barbie knock offs. Hey we lived in West Virginia for a time period. We were sorta poor then. So I was happy with the knock offs. I had a ton of clothing. My favorite thing was to dress them and fix their hair. Later I had some Barbie furniture. I had the kitchen set, the dining room set and the bedroom set for the style that was about roses. The headboard of the bed snapped off and could be turned around to Bows. The comforter turned over to be white with pink bows instead of roses.
- I played with LEGOS. I had this huge bucket of hundreds of legos. It was something I could entice my older brother to to. He liked to play with legos also. I have pictures of this tall tower we built out of legos.
- I never did have a RAINBOW BRITE doll but I had a Rainbow Brite quilt that my Mom made me. I did like playing with my friends dolls though.
- I even had a few Smooshees. Those cute little soft dolls that you smooshed into the little plastic accessories that came with them. I had one that had blonde hair that had a little backpack. I can't remember if that was what ya smooshed her into. I had a baby that smooshed into a stroller. And I had a cat that smooshed into it's own little rounded basket looking home.
Agg remember those GARBAGE PAIL KIDS collector cards? I even had a few of those. They were so gross that we were intrigued.
I watched Thundercats and Transformers.
I watched He-Man and She-Ra. I eventually figured out they were sister and brother but I forget if they ever explained how they got separated at birth.
I watched the Teen-aged Mutant Ninja Turtles. I loved the movies.
I watched the Smurfs. Baby Smurf was my favorite.
I watched the Carebears.
I remember watching JEM. I so wanted one of the dolls.
I don' think I ever watched Fraggle Rock until I was older and saw it during a trip to Texas with a friend.
I watched Sesame Street back when there was a huge furry dog named Barkly on there. I don't know if he's still on there.
I watched My Little Pony Tales.
I watched Muppet Babies and Gummie Bears.
I watched the Jetsons.
I can't remember if I watched the Wuzzles but I know I knew of them.
http://www.80scartoons.net/ looks promising.. It looks like it has a lot of the 80's cartoon info including some of the theme songs.
Oh and those good ole 80's movies....
Let's see there was 16 CANDLES, PRETTY IN PINK, THE BREAKFAST CLUB, SAY ANYTHING, THE KARATE KID movies, THE GOONIES, ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING, BACK TO THE FUTURE movies, THE BEASTMASTER, BEETLEJUICE, BIG, CAN'T BUY ME LOVE, CLUE, COMING TO AMERICA, THE DARK CRYSTAL, DIRTY DANCINE, FOOTLOOSE, FLASHDANCE, and many others...
Try this website for other 80's Movies... it's really informative and has like 540 movies that were made in the 80's. http://www.fast-rewind.com/
And to me the kewlest 80's movie is one not a lot of people have seen or heard of... check out Electric Dreams at the website. For an 80's computer related movie it's kewl. It has really good songs by Culture Club. Also Human League's Phil Oakey sings the theme song written by Georgio Moroder.