Thursday, March 6, 2014

Digi Scrapbooks

I love scrapbooks! I started a scrapbook from the first year I went to the North Carolina Renaissance Faire. It was quite an Experience but was fun. And I got to know alot of people.. the cast of volunteers who take time out of their busy schedules every year to put on these plays that last all day long. They entertain and teach some history.

My scrapbook for it was the cut and paste kind. I used stickers and lots of pictures and tried to capture most of the behind the scenes jokes that went on. Then when I started actually volunteering as one of the Street Actors (for the Fantasy group) I started getting people (from the cast) to sign near their pictures. Everyone kept saying how kewl the scrapbook was.. That they wished they had artsy talent or even the time to do one for themselves.

That got me to thinking... I've had some training with Graphic Design. And I my Stepfather had a program that did slideshows of pictures.. What if I turned each slide/picture into a scrapbook looking page. I kind of used my original scrapbook as a guide to get it started. I asked people if they could send me pictures they had from the years renaissance faire. I ended up with 100+ slides, each slide had up to 5 pictures on there. It really turned out good. I made copies on CDs for the volunteers. All they had to do was pop it in a computer and it would run the slideshow. The Director of the Renaissance Faire and The Historical Society ordered a slideshow cd for each member on the Board. That was kewl. I was working on a promotional CD for them to use to help get grants but I ended up moving and never got to finish it. I might be able to if I get a lil more info from them again.

I made like 3 different years worth of  scrapbook CDs. The last one was very hard for me cause it was after I had moved. I wasn't able to actually get to the faire. I had to rely on the others to tell me about little stories that went on and get me pictures. It was okay just not as personal as the first 2 were.

Here are a few examples:





This is just a few that I've done. Now I'm into scrapbooking digitally my life stuff... but that's another post!!!

No comments: