Monday, October 20, 2008

World of Schooling!

Well I'm about to go into my 3rd week of school. This class is only 5.5 weeks long. So far it's teaching us about how we read, learn, and teaching us how to get along with the classroom atmosphere online. We are basically analysing ourselves.

I haven't come on here for awhile. I did that because I felt it was important to get use to school and my homework before I tried to add in other things. So far I'm maintaining a 96% grade in the class.

Embarking on a new journey:
Well it seems Mom isn't gonna get any breaks. She's had 2 car accidents in the last 24 months. And because of that they are taking her license for a month. They have a special permit that she can apply for to be able to drive back adn forth to work or doctors appointments. Paperwork she has to have for that permit is what is holding her up. So she bought her a bike and we'll have to ride to work until she gets the permit or her license back. I usually ride my bike to work but I put it in the back of the car when I get to work. This time I'm going to have to ride my bike home also. That means riding my bike at 11:30pm. Luckily there is hardly any traffic at that time of the night. And I have to ride past the Police station and Fire Dept.

Mom and I both got lights for our bikes.. the front and flashing ones for the back. We also have vests with reflector tape on them so we can be seen. I also thought it was fun to get those crazy lights for you wheels. So I will really be seen. We've noticed some of the other people from work who ride home don't have anything like this stuff. And they have been really hard to see.

And don't worry I have a helmet also. They have bike lanes but I don't trust myself on them. If the sidewalks are clear I'll ride on the sidewalks. I just hate it's suppose to be getting colder now. And we have some rain coming later this week. We both have rain gear though. We've tried to think of all of the different weather complications. I hate the cold. I'll have to stat taking my heavier jacket instead since I'll be riding at night.

Let ya all know how to goes...

1 comment:

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

96%! Congratulations!
I hope the weather doesn't give you too much trouble. Do you have to have your bike registered where you are? My son was issued a ticket for not having his registered.
Ride safe! Leigh