Saturday, October 4, 2008

Splinter in the Night!

They say sometimes the smallest wound can cripple a warrior. It this case it kinda works... I was walking between some palettes the other night... On my right was a palette of food waiting to be pulled out to the floor for the night crew to work. On the right was a tall stack of blue palettes (yeah they are painted blue). It was a kinda tight squeeze but I made it thru except I somehow whacked/scraped my hand on the stack of blue palettes...

It scraped some of the skin off. Though when I looked at it I noticed a dot of blue... that's weird... and it hit me.. I had a splinter in the back of my hand. I told my supervisor... with my permission he tried to get it out... mostly by squeezing it... after trying to find someone who could help me I ended up buying a cheap pair of tweezers and one of the ladies I work with got it out for me...

And boy was it a big piece... gotta say atleast a milimeter or so long.. and all I could see of it before it was out was a blue dot. Well needless to say I survived... my hand is a bit sore from being poked and scraped and squeezed...

Had to do a bit of minor "surgery" tonight after work... still had a speck or two of wood/blue paint in the wound. Washed it out again and used a sharp needle to get the specks out... Right now I'm letting air get to the wound to put a scab on it... Now hopefully it won't get infected...

Ohhh Our Wallie World is celebrating sorta.. We've gone a whole 24 days accident free... ::knocks on wood:: and hopefully will continue to be that way... we've had so many accidents since the store opened that no one has seen a bonus... :( And what we can't figure out is how we got thru the setup of the store with not a single accident (which is like very rare!).

oh and Xmas has come to Wallie World.... We are already starting to put out the xmas stuff... already got Halloween out and some Thanksgiving type stuff... The "It's a Zoo" season has begun!! LOL

Well I gotta stop and go check out my class reading assignments... We can start on the 1st 2 assignments before the class even starts... would be good to get ahead of the game!!! Class starts this Monday!

Twinkle Dreams from NoWhere, USA!

2 comments:

Missie said...

Splinters can cause bad infections. Enjoy your Sunday.

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

Happy First Day of classes!
I know what you mean about those little wounds being the most irritating. Keep that hand clean and covered.
It's too early for me to even think about the holiday season.
Have a great week!
:) Leigh