Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lil Miracles

I sometimes click on places people post on Facebook... I follow them to see where the links lead me... sometimes it leads me to several different stories.. several little miracles...  you can't help but smile!

Tonight I landed on Kaylee Rae's Facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/KayleeRaesStory) She has many speed bumps in her little life... Obstacles she's slowly learning to overcome or get around. Her main obstacle is from Polymicrogyria  (basically translates to Many small/tiny wrinkles in the brain). It hasn't stopped her from learning to sit up by herself, enter toddler beauty pageants, go swimming with her cousin. She's a happy little girl. I loved looking at her pictures, at all the smiles. I like reading about the stuff she's done or is learning to do.

On her page she had a link to 2 of the cutest little boys... They were born with complications from CMV. They too are knocking their obstacles out of their way. Both boys are learning to sit up by themselves. They too are happy little toddlers. (https://www.facebook.com/CmvFightersLiamAndBrody?ref=profile)

A few weeks ago I read about a boy who had cancer in his eyes when he was a toddler. His mom has a very hard decision to make. In the end, after chemo, she felt he would have a better quality of life without his eyes. He has prosthetic eyes. Though the older he got the more he realized he could see by making clicking sounds. It was kind of like bats and echo location. He could ride a bike, play video games, and roller blade. All of that without having any eyes what so ever. Sadly he died from cancer in his teens. (His You tube Video Story )

I've met many different kids who will astound you with what they are capable of doing. With love, patience and the tools needed anything is possible to overcome or get around obstacles that are thrown in your path. A lesson I've learned from personal experience of my own and my family.

3 comments:

ADB said...

Good to see you back, Cece. What's your Facebook link?

Unknown said...

I'm glad your back too. I love reading posts like these. They remind me of how much I have to be grateful for. Have an awesome day. I'm behind on my blogs but hope to be caught up soon.

The Family Detective said...

You mean how to find me on Facebook??
https://www.facebook.com/cece.renz there's me